Project Contracts Engineers are engineering specialists whose job is to supervise projects and make sure that the contract terms address all the client’s requirements. Their main responsibilities are to develop, implement and review contracts, make sure that best practices are applied on any given project, and to make all the revisions available to all the parties involved in the project. Contracts engineers can also consult with technical staff on various products and applications, manage sub-contract labour and suppliers, handle complaints from the client, and deal with any issues that may compromise the project start and completion date, payment of contract, invoicing, as well as any extra labour or equipment costs that may exceed the budget for the project.
The Project Contracts Engineer is one of the more experienced members of the team, having a background in both engineering design and project inspection. This experience includes an intimate acquaintance with previous contractual relationships, both good and bad. The contracts engineer will verify that the client’s expectations are articulate in project documents, as well as establishing criteria for successful task completion of the project.
The Project Contracts Engineer will plan and work on all aspects of the installation, commissioning, validation and client handover of Water Treatment Plants. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in the areas of water systems and treatment plant, master planning and project delivery
- Project delivery of clean water treatment plants, typical applications being hospital water systems, industry, municipal, pharma and recycling water systems with payback evaluations.
- Coordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure project work is completed on schedule and within allocated budget
- Execution of project design (management of resources within constraints of project budget and schedule), and culminating with management of bid and construction phase engineering service support
- Maintain regular and constructive communication with clients and project team members.
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects and clients.
- Independently coordinating the work of commissioning engineers and sub-contractors throughout the project’s execution
- Compiling post project completion documentation
- Establish and maintain client relations
- Support business development activities
- The role will require travel within Ireland (32 Counties) and the UK